Eye of the tiger.. err.. I mean, eye of the day..

Hello everyone!

I walked through one of the buildings on campus around noon and it was packed! This is my fourth year there and I have never, ever seen it that full of people before! I have no idea what was going on. It cannot be just that the restaurant had great food there. They have great food there very often, but today the lines were just unimaginable. Good that it is not the only restaurant we have... I would have starved otherwise.

Today was and still is not a very special day. Actually I was in a little bit of a hurry this morning. That said, today's makeup was nothing too special or lively in color. Basically I had gold, purple and burgundy in a lovely mix. I lined my eyes with a black eye pencil, which I used to line both waterlines as well.


I'm still searching for the perfect mascara. So far the best is Maybelline's Volum' Express in black. It has been my top1 mascara for years now. It makes my lashes look thicker and longer. The mascara I have on today (Lumene Natural Code Volume-Maximizing Mascara) is quite a good second mascara. It does make my lashes look a little thicker, but not as much as the Maybelline one.

What I love about this mascara is that it really separates my lashes. Also I have not managed to get clumps of mascara on my lashes and that's always a positive sign. I'm willing to overlook that with the Maybelline mascara, because it really makes my lashes look thicker, but then I have to use a lash comb to get the clumps out.


I guess what I look for in the perfect mascara is the ability to lengthen, thicken and separate my lashes. I guess I could say I quite like the theatrical look created by false lashes. I, however, am not willing to use false lashes daily, or even every other day.


What is your favorite mascara of all time? Favorite mascara color?