Blues continue

Recently I read that blue is this fall's color to reach for. Which I like quite a lot because I did not have many blue eye shadows before this summer.

I would say that blue can be a difficult color. It does not suit everyone and I would want to avoid the 70's or 80's looks with blue eye shadow. I don't really want the blue to reach my brows...

This is what I came up with. It only has two colors plus a highlight that I seem to reach for often!


I thought I was done at this point. Then I took the picture and noticed that the blue I was using really is not a good blue. No matter what eye shadow base I use this blue just does not turn out the way it should. The tester in the store was so good but the one I bought is just crap. Do I not put it right on my lid? I have tested 4 different bases, tested it without a base, tried using several brushes, some with natural bristles and the others with synthetic bristles. I've tried using an applicator, but nothing. It's crap. And this makeup brand is supposed to be good and all the eye shadows are supposed to be very pigmented. The only way I have managed to get this eye shadow to work even a little is by applying it with my finger. And doing that over and over again.

I cannot use a blending brush at all or it removes all the color. The picture below is taken with different lighting and camera setting and I applied the blue with my finger. It is better, but not great. I'm going back to the store sometime next week and ask how exactly I'm supposed to get the eye shadow work.


I put some medium brown to the crease and outer corner. I blended the upper part of the brown with the high light color which was a shimmery white (as always lately) and then I just had to try to blend the brown into the blue carefully.

I used a brown pencil eye liner for once. I seem to always choose the black liner. I didn't stray from the black mascara though.