Unlikely match, maybe?

I do not really know what inspired this look. I was watching a youtube-video by MakeUp By Risa, and I did my makeup at the same time. But now I will have to wash this right off, cause I'm going to bed soon. I got the swine flu -vaccine this morning, hence no makeup cause that's the only place I went to today. As expected, I got a little feverish and a headache. But before I go to sleep, I'll wash my brushes and post this post.

I put a black base on the lid only. I covered the black with the green. I added some navy blue to the outer corner and outmost crease. I put some light yellow/gold to the inner corner of my eye to brighten up the look a little.

I put some hot pink under my lower lashes and took the pink up towards my eye brows a little, connecting it with the navy blue corner. I know, it looks more purplish than pink, but it really is hot pink. Okay, so I used two hot pinks, one is pink pink and the other is pink with a tiny, tiny , tiny amount of blue in it.

I used a black eye liner pencil on the upper and lower waterlines, or is lining the top waterline called tightlining...? Something that at least sounds like 'tightlining'. 'typelining'. I have no idea. Tell me if you know, please? :)


To blend the navy blue in the crease I used a white shimmer eye shadow as a highlight. Once again. I need a new highlight color. Any suggestions? I feel like I'm always using the same one. Which I am. I have a matte highlight color, but it doesn't seem to do the trick as well as this shimmer white one.

I finished the look with a gray liquid liner and black mascara. I didn't want the gray liquid liner to be that visible, so it's a very subtle line. Well, as subtle as you can do with a liquid liner.

edit. Actually, this blog has it's advantages. I now know, that I need to pay more attention to the crease. It's too low at some points.. You can see it from the second picture. If I put the crease color a little higher it would look better. Now a part of the color is missing, in the crease. It could come a bit higher.


So what do you think? Is it an unlikely match, or not?