Blog Archive

Fall can't haves {and why it's ok}

This is my list of fall "can't haves". Not that I don't want them... I do! I really, really do! There are just some things I admire from a distance but know will never actually be mine {only in my sweet dreams}. Darn you money. Why do you have to be so cruel? Enjoy... while I go in my backyard looking for my money tree that I thought I planted. Hmmm, still can't find it.
PS- I stole this idea of fall "can't haves" from http://fabulouspastanotincluded.blogspot.com/ check her out!
I loved the idea!!


The Louis Vuitton Galliera GM

I've had my eye on this pretty girl for a long time but let's just be honest almost two grand on a purse is not that feasible or realistic for everyone. The thing I love about it is the size... I could fit a million things in it...even a kid or two.

Chanel Classic Jumbo Flap Caviar Black Silver HW

$3875




Oh, momma! Gulp... this will forever be on my dream list. Forever because well... I just don't think I could shell out that amount for a bag and not bat an eye. This bag is so beautiful though... and I do admire the simplicity and regal-ness of it.






As I am writing this I saw a picture on Facebook that broke my heart and made me utterly ashamed of even lusting after these things. There is nothing wrong with liking, having or wanting nice things. It's our american (European) way of life... we are blessed. Blessed beyond measure and tend forget that and all we have (even though we complain of not having enough).... until the heartbreaking cold reality slaps you in the face. Here I was complaining about not being about to afford a three thousand dollar purse when there are babies starving to death. Uh, kills me.


I can't tell you how much I wish I could go there and hold that baby... way way way more than all the Chanel,  Dior and Louis' in the world. These things are nothing compared to the feeling when I see that child and in fact those things seem rather stupid. When it all boils down to it... they are just things. That is a child. Who though is one of millions still has so much value and worth. My heart is breaking when I look at that little man and what I would give to step back in time and rock him while feeding him... night after night until he was healthy and strong. 

So, I guess this was a good lesson for me tonight... stop getting so caught up in things and remember that I am blessed. To stop wishing for those great luxuries in life when a piece of bread is gold to some. 

You are blessed.