Blog Archive

Estee Lauder Double Wear Light Foundation "Stay in Place Make Up" Review


Being the foundation addict that I am I can't pass up trying a hyped up foundation. As of right now (still!) the Maybelline 24 Hour Super Stay is my go-to foundation. Love! <3
One of my favorite "guru's" {blushingpixie} on youtube was talking about the Estee Lauder Double Wear Light and because everything she recommends is gold in my opinion {and the fact her skin is beyond flawless} I had to give it a try. 
I will say everything she said about it is true.
It's a lovely foundation.
I'm just not totally sure I'm in love with it... yet. 
The thing I love about it or at least about the color I got {#2} is it is very natural based. Meaning it wasn't too yellow or too pink... it was just right. It does have SPF 10 in it so I did notice a slight white cast from it {in photos} which I have never experienced before from a foundation. 

I think the wear time is amazing. From the time you apply until you take it off it looks good. Speaking of applying... it went on a little weird. Kinda streaky and not a breeze to blend. It's very light- a step up from a tinted moisturizer, in my option. Also, it does have sort of a chalky feel. I'm thinking because it's more of a matte foundation. That tends to happen to me when I use matte foundations.I wouldn't say it's a true matte though because it does have some luminosity. 

Here is what it's supposed to:
15 hour wear. Light as air {I wouldn't go THAT far to say that}. Comfortable make up that stays vibrant and fresh no matter how active your day becomes. Resists smudging and won't "melt" off throughout heat and humility. Controls oil. Won't clog pores. Provides anti-oxidant protection. Sheer to medium coverage. Natural finish. Oil free. Fragrance free. 1 FL oz.

So, my verdict is: I like it. I love the neutral base color... I think it matches my skin-tone really well. It doesn't give that "I'm wearing a ton of foundation" look. It made my skin took very even and nice. I like the finish minus the chalky feeling. I love the fact that it's really really long wearing. That being said... I'm not in love with it. I'm not crazy about the white cast it gives off in pictures. Will I buy it again? Not sure. I haven't used it long enough to make my mind up on that. Will keep you posted.




Ugh, don't mind my hair. Never a fan of it pulled back. But hey... what's a momma gonna do?

This is $35 from Estee Lauder