Blog Archive

Boy, it's already March 11th! Zebra sticker nails!

Yeah, I'm a little shocked of this. It's March! It was just January!

Anyways, I did some shopping the other day. I had heard of these before but couldn't get my hands on them earlier. 

Sticker nails. Isn't that cool? :D

These are by Wild & Mild. I got two different kinds. Silver-black zebra print. And pink/orangeish leopard print. Haven't tried the latter ones out yet. I put on the cooler ones, the silver-black zebras.


The stickers come in a paper slip like this. The more square looking ones I had already used. Thought that I can reuse them later. They are all silver and black. Not black and gold or anything even thought it might look like that on the left in the picture. 

You can click on all the pictures and see them in a greater size.



 The instructions say: Remove previous nailpolish, and push cuticles back, apply a base coat, choose a sticker of the right size, apply the sticker with the adhesive side on the nail, file your nails with the nail file that came with and lastly apply a top coat. BIG MISTAKE!!! Whatever you do, DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT add a top coat. Your nails will end up looking like this:


The crackle effect is achieved when you do not want it.

I left these on and put the stickers on my right hand's nails and they look way better. 

All the stickers weren't that good in size compared to my nails, so there are gaps here and there. Or the sticker looks like it's gone beyond my nail onto my finger.

So now I have crappy looking nails on my left hand, and good ones on my right. Soon I'm gonna go take  a shower and see how these babies handle the heat, I'll report back after that. 



In the meantime, how are you all doing? :D



Edit. March 11, 2011 6.57 PM. Nails are still on. Hot water, shampoo, hair conditioner, body wash, body lotion did not change the appearance of the nails. They are still in place, the corners look good. Nothing happened even though I put them through the ringer. Okay, I still could test them when I wash dishes, but I don't know if I'm doing that today or asking someone else nicely to do them. ;)