Blog Archive

YSL Rouge Volupte # 1 as seen on Michelle Money from the Bachelor!

YSL Rouge Volupte #1


The only reason I picked this up is because Michelle Money from The Bachelor wore this on the show. Every Monday night I'd lust over her lip color and knowing that I'd probably never find out what it was. I was bummed. Whatever she was wearing... I wanted. Lucky for us Michelle is on twitter and very open to share what she uses from make up, haircare, tanners, clothes, etc. I'm so excited to find out she was wearing YSL Rouge Volupte in #1. I am a huge fan of Rouge Volupte so I ran to Sephora as soon as I found out. 

#1 is described as a "creamy neutral beige". It's a light nude pink in my opinion. It's on the border of being too light for me but with a darker lip liner it works. The application is very creamy and a tad streaky and as we are all aware because it's so creamy it's not a long wearing lipstick. The packing is pure luxury and the scent of melon is delish. On my other YSL lippies the tube came with a mirror which really comes in handy! This tube didn't for some reason. You can sort of see your reflection in the gold but where is the mirror? Maybe they changed that on me. Over all it's a nice lipstick but not a must have color for me. It's not something I couldn't live without { as the saying goes}. 

I bought this for $34 at Sephora

Without Flash in Natural 8pm light

With Flash

Swatch without flash



Rouge Volupte #1

Michelle Money from The Bach! :) Love her! Follow her on twitter for fun beauty tips! @moneymichelle