Blog Archive

Stack O'Books! Summer reads!


You think someone got a little over zealous at the library? Just looking at it overwhelms me but I can and I will conquer this feat! So, if you are looking for fun, girly books then here is your list. I can't promise they are all good though. 

::::List of books from top to bottom::::

1. Cecelia Ahern "The Book Of Tomorrow"- loved this book to no end. She is quickly becoming one of my favorite authors. I have read all of her books expect maybe two? She also wrote Ps. I love you. I read this book in a day and a half and could not put it down... kept me up until 5am {and I had to be up at 8am}. It was beautifully written and with each page you were left wondering what was going to happen and what was really going on. 

2. Cecelia Ahern "Thanks For The Memories"- like with all her books you get really into the characters. This book was a little drawn out for me and while I liked the ending I was not satisfied with it ending there... I wanted to hear more about what happened. The dynamic between the daughter and father was charming.

3. Kim Addonizio "Little Beauties"- I've gotten to chapter 3 so far and I'm not sure if this book is something I want to finish. I just hasn't really captured my attention. The main character has OCD and her little necrotic idiocracies are kind starting to bug me.  

4. Kenda Wilkinson "Sliding Into Home"- the fact I even got this kinda makes me LOL but then again it's totally me to get this book. I always wish I could be a fly on the wall so reading a biography kinda let's you do so. I've already read two chapters and so far so good!

5.  Meg Cabot "Queen Of Babble"- I haven't read it yet but yes I did judge a book by it's cover because it looked cute. The story sounded kinda cute as well... so we shall see.

6. Suzanne Hansen "You'll Never Nanny In This Town Again (The true adventures of a Hollywood Nanny"- just by reading the inside cover I knew I had to read this. It sounds funny, shocking, cute and it's ALL true. Can't wait to read it!

7. Cecelia Ahern "There's No Place Like Here"-As you can see I can't enough of her reading. She is so unbelievably talented! This book sounds like a page turned... I'm sure I'll be up late reading this like I do with ALL her books.

8. Fiona Gibson "Baby Face (Red Dress Ink)- looked cute, sounded cute and anything that has to do with being a momma and still lusting over fashion, shoes, etc makes me want to read! However from reading reviews on Amazon it doesn't sound very hopeful! :( Actually it sounds very bad but I'll still give it a go.

9. Beth Harbison "Shoe Addicts Anonymous"- Sounds like a cute plot, cute cover (yes, I'm guilty again) and she has had a lot bestsellers so again we will see how it goes. I really want to check out her book "Hope In a Jar". 


So, my little book worms... do you have any good reads for me. By now you know I love girly books and I'm a HUGE sucker for any British/Irish girly novels. Send your recs my way! :) I want to read Brook Burkes new book "The Naked Mom" and Jenny McCarthy's book "Love, Lust and Faking It".