Requested tutorial - "outgoable" peacock/turquoise/petrol look

A while ago I received a request being an "outgoable" peacock/turquoise/petrol look - requested by Sternchen.

I googled some pictures of peacocks and especially their tails. Using those colors I found some eyeshadows that I had that I could use and this is the look I came up with. I did not plan this really, I just got the eyeshadows out and started placing them on my eyes. Now I'm thinking that I should have planned this a little better, yeah the colors are there, but I'm not necessarily that happy about the way it turned out. If I come up with something else, I'll do a following blogpost later.

But here is the final look.


I used NYX's Jumbo eyeshadow pencils in Milk and in French Fries as a base.


I placed some matte offwhite eyeshadow to the inner corner. Then Glamour Doll Eyes (GDE) shadows in Skinny Jeans and MIngles to the places where are in the picture. I tend to blend in the eyeshadows once I place them on my eye so that I don't have to do it later.


I added some GDE Flashdance! and Olivia Green. Flashdance! on top of MIngles and Skinny Jeans. Olivia green to the crease, outer corner and lower lash line.


I wanted to intensify the outer corner a little by adding a matte medium brown to the corner. I took a light turqoise eyeliner pencil and lined my eyes, top and bottom, with that. I added some black eyeliner pencil to the lashline so that my lashes would look thicker. Only to the outer half though. I lined my upper and lower waterlines with the black eyeliner as well.



Here are pictures of the GDE eyeshadows I used.


I have them swatched when wrote about them the first time, but I don't think I did the swatches right, I didn't even use any primer or base, and Skinny Jeans was one of the ones I wasn't too pleased with but now that I tried it again last week I could not get over how green (and gray) it actually was. I was sure I had used a brush that I previously used with green eyeshadow, but no!


Here are the swatches of Skinny Jeans on NYX's French Fries, Milk and Black bean jumbo eyeshadow pencils. Aye, it's a bit blurry. :S


Here are a couple shots of the final look.


I want to add false lashes to this look!