Birthday party look

Last Saturday it was my friend's 24th birthday, well his real birthday was on Friday but we partied on Saturday. First we went to his place quite early and watched a couple Tarantino-movies. Did you know it was Quentin Tarantino's birthday on Saturday as well? Now you know. My friend told me. :D

I have been quite busy with school projects these past couple of days so I haven't posted anything on here.

On Saturday I did a simple, light evening makeup during the day because we all met so early in the afternoon.. Since the days are getting longer, meaning it's light out for longer periods of time, I actually could take photos of my makeup in daylight. :D I'm sure every beauty blogger struggles with lighting every now and then, but in this part of the world, especially during the winter, I find it impossible to be outside when there's daylight. I go to uni when it's dark and go home when it's dark. I don't see any sunlight.


This photo is taken with flash and not in daylight. The following pictures are taken in daylight. I do not photoshop my photos on this blog at all. I do not add brightness or contrast. I resize the pictures and add my blogs address to the photo, that's it.

In case you haven't noticed already, all the pictures are clickable if you want a closer look.


I used Glamour Doll eyeshadows once again. Bare Naked on the lid and Shaded orchid in the outer corner and crease.


I cropped some of these photos differently because here you can also see a little of the blush I used.

I was quite happy the next day when I saw all the pictures that were taken at the bar we went to after we watched the movies. We were at a rock bar and even though I didn't have black makeup on, I still did not stand out by being too preppy or colorful. My eyemakeup actually did look quite dark in the dark bar. :D I loved that bar by the way. I believe I found my new favorite. The music was wonderful. :D I can't stand techno or hiphop. Rock and metal is great.


Now I should just remember which blush I used... :S


I'm pretty sure it was Maybellines mineral blush in 20 Moonlight mauve...

I only own 4 blushes, because I can't go through them as fast as eyeshadows, but I'd like to try some new brands.


What's your favorite blush? What do you recommend for me? As you can see from the pictures I have very fair skin, so not all blushes will suit me...