Blog Archive

Fire and Stars

I'm not really sure, but for some reason I have wanted to use eye shadows that are not necessarily the colors you would first pair up together.

I got the idea yesterday when I did my makeup for our little Christmas Party when I used green and red eye shadows. I didn't really believe they would work together, but tried them anyways and really they did work together quite well. Clearly brown and black aren't the only colors to be used when intensifying the look. Unfortunately I did not take pictures of that look.

I used a hot pink eye shadow on the lid (made it a little less hot with some burgundy eye shadow) and a little of electric blue in the outer corner and crease. I darkened the electric blue with a midnight blue.

I used an offwhite highlight and a blue eye liner and some black mascara. More of like a lengthening mascara than a volumizing one.

Some midnight blue on the lower lash line and the lower water line is also lined with the blue eye liner pencil, although it cannot be seen on the water line anymore... this eye liner stays on for a long time, even on the water line, but not forever. Pictures were taken about 6 hours after applying..

These colors, pink&blue, are not the first combination I think of when deciding what eyeshadows I will use.

Thoughts?