Blog Archive

3rd Holiday look

Happy Tuesday everyone!

I never really plan how I will do my makeup for the day, neither do I plan what "extreme" looks I will do and post on here. Today's Holiday look is the result of me just opening my makeup drawers and picking up some random items and just starting to paint on my face. Granted this is quite an extreme looks so no, I will not be leaving my house, not today at least, looking like this because I need to look more subtle, today especially of all days. So now after writing this blog post I'll take a shower, remove this makeup and then do a very, very neutral makeup, one that I probably have already posted on here.

I guess the focus on this look lands on the eyeliner (and lashes), not so much on the eyeshadows. On the inner half of my eye lid I used a shimmery off-white. Outer half got some hot pink eye shadow that I lifted slightly above my crease. I saw a fellow blogger write three great posts about lining your eyes, this is Karkkipäivä, her blog is not in English though. If I'm bored or out of ideas I always go to her blog for new inspiration. Thanks for a great blog, Inkivääri!


I used a deeper hot pink in my crease, and a matteish vanilla eye shadow as a highlight.

Thick and winged dark gray liquid eye liner on the top lid. I don't exactly know how to describe the eye liner in the inner corner, but I believe that you can get a good idea by looking at the pictures. Also you might want to line your upper waterline with some black/dark gray eye liner, which I didn't do as you can see.

Same thing with the lower eye liner, I don't really know how to describe it. It is a little difficult at first to use a liquid eye liner on the lower lid because it can easily look a little funny. There are ways around that, so let me explain what I did. I took a black pencil eye liner, one that you have found to be the best on your waterline, so apply it to the middle third or so on your waterline. Or like on the middle half of your waterline if you decide to divide your waterline into 4 parts.

Then to the inner and outer thirds/quarters you put a white eye liner and take that eyeliner out as well. For example, in the inner corner, you paint the area between the top and bottom lines white and that continues to your waterline. And then do the same thing to your outer corner.

Also, you can put some white eye shadow, or an eyeshadow that is a tad lighter than your skin tone and soften then middle part of the eyeliner on your lower lid, like in the picture.


Here is a perfect example of a bad mascara, or not really a bad mascara, just one that "promises" the wrong things. I bought this one a while ago, and I am happy with how it stays on, how it separates my lashes and it doesn't dry out that fast. What I don't like is that this mascara is supposed to be a volumizing mascara. Do you see any volume? I sure don't. I've tried applying it a few different ways but I just don't get a better result concerning volume. It does however, lengthen my lashes. So I guess that's good then. It did not promise any lengthening action though. This mascara is a good everyday mascara, but not one for parties or looks where you need ridiculous lashes. If I'd put some fake lashes on then this would be good though. Especially in this look cause the eyeliner is so strong and eye catching, it just looks like I'd have no mascara on whatsoever.

Also in these pictures you might be able to see that I filled in my eyebrows with eyeshadow, I have used an eye brow pencil always before. Either I don't know how to use eyeshadow on my eyebrows, or I have the wrong eye shadow color. I just don't like the way it looks. I'm returning to my eye brow pencil ASAP.


edit. I added some mascara and intensified the eyeliners a little. So two new pictures. Enjoy.

And I added a little white eye liner to the inner and outer corners between the grey/black eye liners..


What do you think of the look? Do you prefer to use eye shadow or eye brow pencil on your eye brows? Do you do anything to your eye brows?