Blog Archive

Holiday look

I didn't leave the house today but I still felt like doing some kind of a makeup look. Aaand I believe I will be wearing this for Christmas and also on New Years Eve. No fake lashes on Christmas though. ;) Here I have them on. I think this is the second time I'm wearing them. It really is difficult at first to get them right on your eyes, the inner corner is laughing a little.. I planned on starting to fix it, but then the whole makeup would've gotten messed up probably, so I just took the pictures... Maybe I'll practice a little before New Years Eve still.. ;)
Really this is a very basic look. I used a medium gray on the entire lid and a medium beige-brownish eye shadow in the crease. All eye shadows are matte, and before I do this look next time I will use a brush that I have just washed before or a brush that I have used for a matte color before.. I don't want any shimmer on this look, like there is now. As a highlight I had a plain light, matte cream color eye shadow.

I used a black liquid eye liner and it is a strong wing shape. I hate taking pictures of my left eye, because it is so much easier to take pictures of my right eye and I feel that the eye makeup always looks way better on my right eye... But I couldn't get a picture of the winged eye liner on my right eye to look as winged as they were.

I used a black eye shadow to set the eye liner and I lined the lower lash line with the same black eye shadow lightly. I put some black mascara on both upper and lower lashes before I put on the fake eye lashes.


Because I did not use strong colors on my eyes I made my lips very colorful. The perfect red lips. I think. You need to find the perfect color lip stick to make your teeth look whiter, I can't use anything orange, coral or baby pink. They don't work with my skintone and also make my teeth seem really yellow. Besides, thinking about using some coral/orange/baby pink lipstick I cringe.. I can't picture myself wearing those colors. Bluish neutrals and bluish pinks/reds are good.

I lined my lips with a red lip liner. If I use a lipstick that is more neutral, I don't always use lip liner and the times that I do use it, I don't fill in the lips with the lip liner, I just make the lines. But with darker lipsticks and lip liners I don't start by making the outlines, I put the lip liner pencil between my lips and start coloring them, and once I get closer to the end of the lips I'm more careful and watch closely where I draw lines..

With darker, reddish lip sticks I pretty much never apply lip stick straight from the lip stick. I use a lip stick brush. I can apply it better, it's more specific, and I don't get too much product on my lips. I find that lip stick stays better when I have used lip liner on my whole lip instead of just creating the outline, and because there isn't that much product, but enough to show the color, the lip stick actually stays better in place.

I also put some red lip gloss lightly on my lips. Wanted some shine, because the red lip stick I have is a very matte lip stick.




What do you think about this? Also, do you prefer the box-like pictures or the randomly cut pictures?