Tutorial - Silver sparkles and Valentine's day rant.

I realized I had neglected my blog. I had to correct that and so I made this "tutorial". Why it is only a "tutorial", is because I only remembered to take the pictures in the beginning and when I had put on all the eyeshadows and some eyeliner. Not a very detailed tutorial, if I may say so myself.

I used silvers, blacks and whites. I used silver and black eye liner. And black mascara that is a disappoiment. I will write a separate blogpost about that, I wont even say which one it is that I used in this look. There's so much hype about it, and I have tried it so, so many times, applied it in several different ways, but it really is not good. Take a look at the pictures if you doubt me.

The picture below shows you all the products I used. I used NYX's Jumbo Eye shadow pencils in Black Bean and Pots & Pans. I depenciled them because I don't like them as pencils, it is so much easier to apply them from these pots. I also used Katie's Storm and Graffiti from Glamour Doll Eyes. The round eyeshadows are from NYX 5 color shadow palette from the Caribbean collection. The palette's name is I dream of Barbados.

I first put Pots & Pans on the inner 2/3 of the upper lid and the rest is Black Bean.

(In this picture above, you can actually see my eyebrows when I haven't done anything to them. In the other pictures I have used an eyebrow pencil.)

Katie's Storm (number 3) in the very inner corner, light silver/gray (4), then the darker shimmery soot color (5) in the inner part of the outer half of the lid and the outer V. Graffiti (6) to the outer corner between the darker shimmery soot color eyeshadow.

I put some matte white eyeshadow to the inner corner and a shimmery white eyeshadow as a highlight and to blend in the darker eyeshadows.

I lined the top lid halfway with a silver eyeliner pencil. Then I lined the rest of the lid with a black liner and also put that in the upper and lower waterlines. I lined the lower lash line with Graffiti and Katie's Storm.


Hope you like it!


Is anyone else feeling suffocated because soooo many people write about makeup looks for Valentine's day?! I'm not a fan of Valentine's day, I have never been. It seems as though every year the Valentine's day stuff can be found in stores in the middle of January or earlier. People seem to go crazy because of one day.

You should enjoy everyday with your loved ones, it shouldn't just be that just on February 14th that you do something special. Make everyday a special day!


(Disclaimer: I have bought all products myself. Not affiliated with any of the companies.)