Blog Archive

Universal Studio Singapore 2011

I've been wanting to visit Universal Studio Singapore all the time! And I finally made it during my semester break in October. I was so thrilled for it until I couldn't even sleep one night before the trip. I was just like a kid from junior school who was having hyper-excitement before the graduation trip. I always have this kind of 'pre-travel' insomnia one night before traveling, are you guys having the same problem as well? I know, this is weird. Bet that this symptom only happened to me -____-

So, I stayed up until four o'clock in the morning and I was like super energetic although I didn't sleep at all. I left my house at 6.30am and boarded the bus to Larkin bus terminal in order to meet with my friends before going to USS together. However, when I reached Pekan Nanas (a small town 20km away from my house), I found that I forgot to bring the most important thing for the trip! That is... my CAMERA!!! Sometimes I really wonder how could myself be such a muddlehead? I got off the bus immediately and took a cab back to my house again and took my Little S. Mum was shocked when she saw me rushing in the house and she thought I forgot to bring my passport. After I told her the thing I forgot to bring was my camera, she was giving me a 'OMG I really salute this daughter' reaction. But seriously, I really couldn't travel without my Little S!

After the clumsy incident, I finally reached Larkin bus terminal around 9.30am. I met up with my pals and we departed to Kotaraya II terminal to board the bus that provided the direct transfer to Resort World Sentosa. It was quite worth for those who took the bus from JB to RWS as the fare was as low as RM5 per trip. However, for the return trip which was from RWS to JB, the fare was SGD5 per trip. You can check their bus schedules and fares here :)


*Reminder: Intensive photo loads*


On the bus. Everyone seemed so excited for the trip :D


1. Hollywood

We reached USS around 1.30pm. With a little help from Burger's sister, we were able to get the entrance ticket at a lower price, which is SGD53 only :D (normal price: SGD66 for weekdays). Our first group pic of the day with Marilyn Monroe! :D
Although it was a scorching hot day, her makeup was still delicate and looked so 'porcelain doll'. Couldn't take my eyes off her O.O







Street dance performers @Hollywood


2. Sci-Fi City

See the roller coaster? The blue track was called CYLON while the red track was HUMAN. I was too much of a coward to take both of the thrill rides, so I could just wait and take care of their belongings down there XD


From left: Khang, Burger, Ychan, Yee Ling & Yu Zhen
Bravo!!! They successfully conquered both the HUMAN & CYLON :D

They insisted that I should really try the red track because it was less turbulent than the blue one.
But I could really get cold feet by just imagining the dramatic acceleration and sudden propulsion into the air. I really couldn't make it :(

3. Ancient Egypt



We tried one of the attractions there - Revenge of the Mummy. I only knew that it was an indoor roller coaster by the time we were going to board the ride, so it was already too late for me to escape from this. It was my first time taking a roller coaster in total darkness which really freaking me out, especially the horror sound effects and water splash!


Love the unique architecture there!


From left: Me, Yee Ling, Ychan & Yu Zhen :)


4. The Lost World



Had the lunch @Discovery Food Court where featured the Singapore's local dishes and drinks inside Jurassic Park.


The hot weather was really unbearable, so I had to put my hair up before the sun literally burns my hair off :(


After the lunch, we watched the live water show @The WaterWorld.


The crowds


You could see the explosions right in front of you in the show. I had no idea how the performer could stand with the choking explosion gas. They were really professional!


5. Far. Far. Away


Do you still feel like you live in reality? I feel like I was living in my dream!




I guess every girl will love this place no matter how old she is! It's really like a girl's fantasy


Saw Puss in Boots! Wanna fight? :D
I think the impersonator was a male as 'he' was being extra enthusiastic to those pretty visitors who took photo with him, LOL


Taken after watching the Shrek 4D Adventure. Must bring the kids to watch the 4D fairytale adventure :D


I miss my long blonde hair )':


6. Madagascar

I thought the crate adventure would be another indoor roller coaster, luckily it turned out to be slow river boat ride.







"I like to move it, move it!" :D



We were starving for food after a long day at USS. Had our satisfying dinner @Ramen Play. It turned out my Little S' battery had gone flat too. The food photos below were taken with my phone.


I'm hungry now >____<


Pork Karaage Ramen ($14.80)


Sanpou Shoyu Ramen & Pork Katsu Tojio Set ($14.80)


Spicy Ramen & Sanpou Tonkotsu Ramen ($14.80)
Sanpou refers to the 3 premium grade pork: braised pork cheek, pork belly in char siew sauce & special sauce


We got the complimentary gyoza by paying with credit card :D


After one night stay @Tune Hotel Danga Bay, we continued our SG trip in the next morning. Burger brought us to the JB CIQ checkpoint and parked his car there. We boarded CW5 which headed to Newton Circus at the checkpoint since the CW2 which headed to Queen Street was temporary unavailable. Just take the MRT to Bugis station and when you took the escalator going up from the ground, voila! You're now at Bugis Junction :D We spent most of the time in the mall to try all the popular street food one by one. The variety of food was really MADNESS and they were mostly great tasting one!


After that, we headed to Bugis Street to continue our food hunt. Also, everyone got their booty home from Bugis street :D


I only got myself one pair of ballerina flats. And guess how much is it? Check the answer at the end of the post :P



The soursop juice cost only SGD1.50 & Yee Ling with the colourful bubble tea


One of the street food stalls @Bugis Street


As the night falls, we decided to go Sentosa Island by the Sentosa Express @VivoCity.


Hello Merlion! I was like, ten years never been here since I was a kid.


Failed #1: My compact camera always take blurry photo in dark condition :(
Really feel like buying another semi-pro for better quality images!


Failed #2: Blurry photo again... Aiks! But at least everyone smiled happily in the pic. We got the tix for Songs of the Sea! :D
The admission was S$10 per person.


Songs of the Sea was a live musical fountain with some storyline underneath the show.


The Lady of the Sea


The sleeping princess Amy



"The Lord of Fire": I like this part of the show! You can feel the heat when the stunning flame bursts in front of you.





Lastly, gonna end this post with the ending fireworks of the Song of the Sea ;)



Bye Bye everybody! -From Oscar :D


P.S. The price of the flats that I bought at Bugis Street was only S$7.90!!!

I personally think that the cost of living in Singapore is relatively lower than M'sia. I mean, ignore the currency exchange rate, where can you find the soursop juice like I have mentioned above at RM1.50? Even mamak stall also not as low as this price. And their hawker food are also generally cheaper than M'sia's. I think living and working there will be a good choice, so I will consider Singapore for my future career plans :)