Blog Archive

Food Food Food!

I am finally getting over the tough life filled with exams, notes & formulas. And now, I'm home for the holiday and feel free to relax! I love the feeling that I can do anything I like, such as wake up from enough sleep everyday, accompany my Mum to the grocery store and watch my favorite movies and drama series. I suppose if everything can be less complicated, then life can be so wonderful.



Last Sunday, my B decided to bring me on a shopping hunt for my birthday present. I am a happy girl because pocket money is given from B to me for the shopping! At the same time, we also spent our time with B's buddy Sylvester Boo for the past few days. I bet he was fatigued after the "Sunway Pyramid - SS15 - Times Square - Subang Parade - Taylor's - SS15" night. Thanks Ah Boo for driving us around and accompanying us to go so many places after his class. Next time we must go for T.G.I Friday's again and make it success to dine there okay? XD

It's more precisely to be said as a food hunt trip than a shopping trip for me because I didn't really buy much things but we ate so much! So, the rest of this post will be flooded with mouth-watering food photos :D

1. First dinner @Fish & Co, 1 Utama Shopping Centre.

It says: One bite & you're hooked!

My says: I think Fish & Co. is less pricey if compared with Manhattan Fish Market. The price range was around RM12.90 - RM2X for the grilled seasonal / salmon fish set comes with two side dishes out of three choices (coleslaw, rice or fries).




Thumbs up for the grilled seasonal fish with peri-peri sauce! Not a really spicy dish tho.


Boys can be so narcissistic sometimes. He was forcing me to take his picture with the food.


B with Ah Boo.


I forgot its name but Ah Boo said the greenish veggies on the grilled fish is a turn-off for the dish.


2. Sakae Sushi @Subang Parade

It says: We serve only what we eat.

My says: Previously, I have seen people talking about this Japanese restaurant's cockroach sushi incident in Facebook. Thus when I know the restaurant tagline, the first thing that came across my mind was: So Sakae Sushi eats its own cockroach sushi too? LOL. Luckily I see cockroach neither in the food served nor in the restaurant this time. If it wasn't because we had missed T.G.I Friday's promotion, we wouldn't go to Sakae Sushi also.


I always complain about the boyf 's photography skill because he always take ugly / not-ready-to-shoot photos of mine.


Together. Three of us :)


I ordered teriyaki chicken ramen but it's not satisfying at all. The chicken was not fresh and taste unpleasantly 'chickeny'. I don't know how to describe the real taste, but it just taste like it's frozen for a very long time already.


Teriyaki chicken don for B. Taste much more better than mine when the chicken was broiled with the teriyaki marinade.


Ah Boo's Unagi Don. Tempting!


Unagi sushi


3. Ko Hyang Korean Country Delights @Sunway Pyramid




I have mentioned several times that I'm a big fans of Korean food in my blog. When I noticed this Korean food outlet, I immediately told B that I must have my lunch there before leaving KL. After the meal at Ko Hyang, I would say it's strongly recommended to every Korean food fans out there! The price was considered the most reasonable and affordable among other Korean food restaurants that I have visited in Melaka & JB. And the most importantly, their dishes were not inferior in any way to the other expensive Korean restaurant.


Free side dishes. I miss their kim chi!


Kim Chi Ji Gae with mixed grain rice (RM15.90)
I love Korean style rice because its texture is more sticky and chewy.



Closer look to the sizzling kimchi stew. Hot, spicy and a bit kimchish at the same time. Love it to the max!


Kim Chi Jeon (RM11.50)
Tasted extraordinary good with a dip of the sauce.
Even the boyf likes it!


I really would like to try the Doppoki but someone insisted to have his Chinese style breakfast - soy bean milk and you tiao from I-love-yoo! Korean food is always not to my boyfriend's liking because he thinks that K-food is always pricey. The scrumptious korean food is always tasted 'weird' and too spicy for him.


4. My Honeymoon Dessert @Sunway Pyramid



I visited twice to My Honeymoon and I think their signature durian pancake was the only dessert which worth a try. Well, perhaps what we had ordered were not really their signature dessert. Other than durian pancake, the rest of the desserts that we had tried didn't really suit our taste.


Taro ball with purple rice soup (RM6)
Personally I think the sweet soup should taste creamy and sweet. However the 紫米露 was a bit dilute and not sweet enough for me.


Sesame cream with soy bean curd (RM6)
The 芝麻糊 was slightly bitter and it was not rich in texture at all. When it mixed with the bean curd, it tasted totally weird :(


Signature Durian pancake (RM9)
Just look at the thick layer of cream and durian filling. Need I say more?
You will definitely indulge yourself with it if you're a durian lover.


#############

Hungry now? ;)

Signing off with groaning tummy. Buh-bye!