Blog Archive

Stila - Self Adjusting Coral blush

I'm not really sure how I feel about this blush or any "self adjusting" beauty product for that matter. Does it really work? How does it work exactly? I am a sucker for anything coral so I gave the Stila Self Adjusting Coral a try. If this is self adjusting than I think my face wants me to be a clown. This little ol' blush is a pigmented one that's for sure. Even with a light hand I manage to add too much. The first time I bought it I ripped opened the package as soon as I got in the car... added a little to my cheeks with my fingers and thought it looked ok. Then when I got home and was in normal light I was horrified and embarrassed at how much I put on. I honestly can't seem to get this blush to look right on me and it should be THAT much work. It's just really, really pigmented so I think that's the problemo. It also has very strong orange undertones that do me no favor.

Maybe you have had better luck then me with this blush but I cannot justify paying $22 for this payoff. It's not worth it too me.


It actually don't look THAT horrible in this picture but in person it's really unflattering and much too bright of a color. I'm actually kinda disappointed it looks better in pictures then in person. Bad example. Oh well.  

Top is the color at full strength.. how it would appear on the skin without blending. The bottom is the color blended. Again, the natural light washed out some of the actual intensity of the colors.

Anyway, that is just my two cents and I think it was a bad example of my true thoughts on it because the pictures really don't look all that bad. In person... I am not a fan. It just looks really bad on me... almost clownish. 

Happy Halloween!! Today my little guy is 3!!