Tutorial - Emerald Eyes

Emerald Eyes will be my first tutorial.

I have thought about how I would do these tutorials and I decided that I will not write which products I have used. I will only describe the colors, shades and application if application differs a lot from "the usual". I will be posting examples by MAC, NYX, Ben Nye, Joe Blasco, Artdeco and possibly some others and then you will be able to see the shades, compare them and continue from there with your own makeup, or then use one of the example shadows I mention.

The reason behind this is that I know not everyone has the same products. If I just give examples of suitable eye shadows then everyone can use what they have or go buy one that they feel is a better shade for them.

First I put some eye shadow primer on my eye lids and under my brows. I also shaped and filled in my brows. There are so many out there. Use what you have and what works for you. Urban Decay Primer Potion, MAC painterly paint pot, foundations, Artdeco Eye Shadow Base and the list can go on and on.


After the primer I put some matte, medium brown eye shadow on the whole lid.


Then I took the green eye shadow with metallic shimmer and put it on most of my lid. I left the outmost corner without the green because I will put some matte brown there and in the crease and I wanted that part to have as little metallic shimmer as possible.

These are good possible eye shadows shades for this look:
-MAC: Greensmoke and Humid mix
-Artdeco: 40 pearly medium pine green, 250 late spring green (duocrome), 49 shiny moss green, 50 deep grey olive, 51 grass green, 52 green jewel (49-52 are Eye Designers)
-NYX: ES30A Hunter green (metallic), ES28 Green tea (frosty)

So go check out the colors and use one which you think looks best.



I took the same matt medium brown and used that in my outer corner and in the crease. I used a shimmery white as my highlight. Also I added some of the green eye shadow on my lower lashline, about 2/3 from the outer corner towards the inner corner. I put the same white shimmer to the inner corner by my lower lashes.
Any black eye liner pencil works for this. Add some black mascara and then the look is done.

Remember to blend all green and brown together on the lid and crease. Especially remember to blend the green line in the inner part of your eye lid. I did not do it in these pictures so there is a harsh line as you can see in the pictures above and below. I did it after I took these pictures so no worries! :D
I hope you like this look!


Any questions?