Hair success and celebration

Until last Saturday I only had had hair dryers. Then I went and bought a hair curler. For long I had been looking at different flat irons and curling irons but I was not sure which one I should get. My first plan was to get a hair curler that opens up as a flat iron when wanted. I could not find one which would not cost too much money and still be of good quality.

I started having second thoughts when I really thought about my hair and how easily it curls or does not curl. My hair is naturally completely straight. If I have had my hair up in a bun for several hours then my hair gets slightly, and only slightly wavy. Honestly, I don't need a flat iron. It would be a waste of money for me to get something that I will never use.

After this realization I started looking at curling irons. To my surprise, or not, I picked one that matches my toaster. It is made by the same brand and dark red just happens to be my favorite color. Plus it was somewhat cheap.

My hair is not thick and after reading the instructions I decided that the lowest temperature would be good for my hair. The two lowest temperatures are for thin and dyed hair. I have not dyed my hair in ages (since 2005), but it is quite thin.

I started curling my hair and all the curls would immediately disappear after I separated my hair from the curling iron. I decided to try the iron some other time and with a higher temperature.

Today was my brother's graduation and I decided to doll up a little, which means that I would actually do something with my hair. I increased the temperature to the middle temperature, (because it has 5 temperatures) which is for normal hair. Still nothing. Well, that's not exactly true. I got the curls. But I had decided to put hair spray on my curled hair after I had curled all of my hair. That was a mistake. Once I was done curling all of my hair all the curls had disappeared, again. So I went to my brother's graduation with straight hair.

Then after the graduation party I came home and decided to try to curl my hair the second time during the same day. I could not give up this easily, but I was utterly frustrated with my hair to begin with and had started to think about a good price that I could ask when I sell this curling iron.

This time I kept the same temperature but right after I had done one curl I sprayed it with hair spray and now I succeeded! I was so excited! I finally got curls in my hair. And now 1.5h later when I am writing this, my hair is still curly!


The curled hair!

I did not try to make it all clean curls or anything. The curls in that picture are not perfect. I only wanted to get my hair curly, without worrying how neat it looks. I will learn that later. My goal for today was to just get my hair to curl!

Because it was my brother's graduation party today, I wanted to do a reasonably clean makeup. That means no crazy colors!


First I put on a primer that I got yesterday. I had not used that primer before and I can say I will buy it again.

Then I put some pearly lemonlike yellow on the lid. Then I used a burgundy color in the outer corner and in the crease.

I love my black cake eye liner. It is the kind you mix with water. After the eyeliner I put black mascara on my top and bottom lashes. I lined my lower lash line with a dark brown eyeshadow, about 2/3 from the outer corner towards the inner corner.

This is one of my everyday makeup looks and because of the burgundy, my green eyes really pop out and the green is enhanced.