Blog Archive

Lumene - Excellength

This mascara was definitely the weirdest I have used. Not because of the consistency, but because of the wand. It is tiny. From the tip to the end it is 1.5 cm. It's a round brush and the diameter is (bristle-to-bristle) is about 0.5 cm. It is tiny! I don't think it is a bad thing though! 7 ml (0.24 fl.oz) of product.

On the bottle it says "Excellength Mascara - with Natural Lash-Extenders" and "Smudge-free formula, precise plastic brush. Ultimate length and separation."


This is a lenghtening mascara and I do think it does a little what it promises. I think my lashes are a little longer. I never measured, but really I do think they seem a little longer. This does not create volume. The mascara does not smell. Because the wand is this small, I don't get much of it on my eyelid. And if I do, it's easy to remove even with a lot of eyeshadow and eyeliner on already.


I do like the color of the Blueberry Volume Mascara package more. It's so nice and purple. The metallic gray is great too, but the metallic purple is nicer.

Then some swatches. I almost always put 10 layers or so. Not 1 or 2 anyways. And so that's what I did now too. I don't see many clumps at all. No spider lashes. To create more volume, I add another mascara  on top of this before this has dried. But that's not in the picture. All in all a very nice mascara.


I don't have issues with transferring, removing it or anything. The mascara stays put.