Wannabe-MUA

It's official.

I don't know how to do makeup on others.

For Halloween I did my best friend's makeup, and that turned out quite okay. I did this makeup look on her somehow.

Then last Friday we went to a club to see this one band play and she wanted me to do her makeup. She dressed in red and black, I wanted to do a red look on her, and I started. Big Mistake!!! I just made her look sick. She removed the red and I started again. I decided to stick to neutrals, cause those are a safer in the end. I'm not too happy with how this look turned out, but she wanted me to do her makeup, and I did. And it didn't turn out _that_ bad, now that I think of it. The colors suited her and complemented her quite well. It's not perfect but I need to learn to do makeup on others too before our Lady Gaga-night. ;)

In the future, posts where I show you my work on others are under the tag wannabe-mua.

Now the look.

Problem #1. Her eye shape is different to mine. I'm not used to different eyeshapes.
Problem #2. I had to use different grips on my brushes, and draw on someone else.
Problem #3. I was afraid of poking her in the eye with either a brush or an eyeliner, which I ended up doing.

I probably should've asked her for a permission to upload a picture of the makeup I did on her, but I didn't. But before she sat down on the makeup chair I told her I was going to take a picture of the finished look and put that on my blog. :P She kept sitting in the makeup chair, hence, the picture is here.

And this is what I did on myself. It's not that great... I wish it would've looked better...




What do you think of my friend's look or mine? Do you do makeup on others? Any wise words?