Maybelline Pulse Perfection - review

In June I wrote about the Pulse Perfection mascara for the first time. Link to that post.

I received the mascara in May. I had agreed to do a product review for a company, and  as a reward for the review, I got this mascara, a nailpolish and a blemish curer thing that I gave to my friend cause I didn't have use for it.

In the stores this mascara costs anywhere from 12-17 euros. (1 euro = 1.3626 USD , Nov 16 2010)

There's 6,5 ml of product. That's 0,22 fl oz.

In all the makeup pictures in my blog from the middle of May till the end of August I've used this mascara. For example this look has this mascara. 

It's not waterproof. But I did get thrown in the pool twice in England and the mascara stayed. As long as you don't scrub it, it was fine. My eyeliner on the other hand created a mess... :S And if some of that mess was mascara, it really wasn't much. In the end of the day, I had mascara left, but no eyeliner.

The wand is flimsy, it's made of rubber and the bristles are not terribly dense at all, and they're quite short.

I didn't find the vibrating action to be of any use. The results were the same. Eventually I stopped using the vibration thing, cause it wasn't making my lashes any more voluminous. At first the idea of putting a mascara wand that vibrates close to your was a little scary, but it wasn't bad at all.

Would I buy this? For the price and amount of product, no I would not. I didn't think the vibration added anything extra, so I'm going to have to pass this. 


Next lash review will be of a mascara that has the best packaging ever!!! :D



Have you tried the vibrating mascara?