Behind the scenes - Brushes

These are the ones that I use in makeup application.

Brushes.

Let's start with face brushes.



First is my newest addition to my collection. A contour/blush brush by Duroy. I'm not entirely sure how I feel about this. It's a little difficult to use. I don't know how to use a brush like this, at least not for contouring. I use it for blush,

Second is a random cheap powder blush. Better for contouring
Third is the liquid foundation brush for the random times I use a foundation brush, that really is not worth paying the 4-5€ it cost. It's awful. I rather put liquid foundation by hand.


Then it's time for the blush brush I used before. I've used this for years and still use it. It's by T.LeClerc.

The kabuki is what I used daily for mineral powder foundation. It's awesome.

Then on to eye brushes.


These are my blending brushes. Two on the top are from Coastal Scents. I'm very happy with them. Like some say CS brushes stink, mine didn't after the first wash. Not much shedding either. In fact, none of my brushes has ever shed much, or too much.

The third one is my oldest brush used for blending. It's fantastic to add the highlight. It places shadows wonderfully on the lid. I use it to clean up mess with a skin colored shadow when needed. It's very dense and precise eventhough it's not very small.


Eyeshadows brushes next. 
The second one from the top is probably my oldest brush. One that I got 10+ years ago. Last year I bought a dupe of it, but it wasn't similar. The 'dupe' is the very first one. Both are by Duroy.

The third one is by Make Up Store. It's number is 105. One of my most used brushes. Awesome to place shadows on the lid.

The third brush from the bottom is great for placing shadows too. I also often use that to put shadows to the bottom lash line.


5th and 6th brushes are from Coastal Scents. A pencil brush and a round top brush. Use them in the crease a lot.

Liner brushes!

First and third are from Coastal Scents. I use them a lot with gel liners.

The second brush is by Duroy and it's my newest liner brush. This brush is so ridiculously precise! Very thin too! Wonderful with Ben Nye's cake eyeliner.


The third brush from the bottom is by far my favorite brush ever! It is perfect! Perfect for cake eyeliner. I cannot live without this brush! So amazing!

The second from the bottom I use to put matte black eyeshadow on pencil and gel liners to make the liners stay better. It's small and precise.

The last brush is a little too flimsy for my taste for eyeliners. I rarely use it.

Then on to my newest purchase. Basically I bought these because of the handle color! I love this color!


The brand I guess is Casualle Visage. I just got these the other day. Used them today for the first time. There was some shedding but nothing major. I guess I'll use the first brush for placing shadows and the last one for blending and placing highlights...



What are your favorite brushes?