Blog Archive

Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream Intensive Daily Moisturiser for Face SPF 15

I got a sample of this when I bought an Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream Starter Kit. There was the Eight hour cream (15 ml), Hand Treatment (30 ml) and this daily moisturiser (15 ml).




I have normal-dry mixed skin (until recently, I was under the assumption that I have dry skin). It is normal on my cheeks, my forehead is dry, my nose has some blackheads, and my chin has pimples occasionally. Lately more than before, I keep thinking it's because of hormonal reasons, rather than wrong producs. I haven't figured it out yet.

I really started using this last week. My forehead was really dry, there was skin flaking off. Applying any foundation made it look worse. Mineral Powder foundation looked awful, and liquid foundation looked better, but still not very nice. I had tried to fix my forehead by using the basic Eight Hour Cream at night on my forehead, but that didn't do anything for the flakes.

Then on one morning, I applied this face moisturizer all over my face, concentrating on my forehead. Liquid foundation looked better than ever. It was such a smooth finish. I did use a Lumene  face primer, but I always use that. I had just changed the moisturizer. I use this moisturizer daily now, and I have no dryness on my forehead (and the pimples are disappearing from my chin).

The moisturizer is very thick, and it takes a while to sink in, but once it's sunk in, my skin feels moisturized and smooth.

I don't mind the smell. It goes away once there's other makeup on my face.

I think I am going to buy a full size version of this moisturizer. It is wonderful for me, especially during the winter.

My second favorite cream from this set is the hand lotion. I'm one to never use hand cream. When I use hand cream, I feel I need to wash my hands immediately, because if I don't I cant touch anything. Only after  chemistry lab work in school my hands are really dry because I am constantly washing my hands in addition to the normal daily hand washes. I don't really see the point of using hand lotion daily. But I like it. I still avoid rubbing hand lotion all over my hands, now I only put it on the top side of the hand.. what is that called? Not the palm side, but that other side? :D Anyways, the hand lotion isn't too creamy, it doesn't make me feel like I need to wash my hands right after.