Blog Archive

It's Not About the Money, Money, Money

Time to update my blog! It has been one week since I updated the last entry. I'm reluctant to say that my one month holiday finally comes to the end and the new trimester has started two days ago. Sigh, far be it from me to overcome with the holiday spirit. I must get over the post-holiday depression asap or else I'll become more resistant to attend classes. Anyone knows the solution to overcome this situation? :(


In fact I do know one, but I'm not sure whether it's really working. Just keep your schedule more packed before the school reopening. It can be one week or few days before the school reopening. Like how? You can be a busy working lady, like me ;) Personally I think that those hectic working days do help me to adapt with the busy trimester.
I found myself five different part-time jobs for this long holiday. I had been recruited as the promoter for fruit juice, paint, milk, pain relieving product and mobile phone.

One of the interesting part-time jobs was the Dutch Lady Milk Election. It was really a good and easy part time job. I worked for shorter hours and got higher salary than the usual part-time job in this milk election. We worked in the team of three, one driver and two promoters. What we need to do was to distribute the milk sampling with four different flavours to the public and ask them to vote for their favourite flavour.


Probably you have already seen this milk election advertisement on Youtube or Facebook before.


Each person would be given this voting form after the milk tasting session.
There were four flavours available: red bean, sweet corn, melon & caramel toffee.


This was a mobile roadshow and one of the voting location was Larkin bus terminal, Johor Bahru.
See how the Sweet Corn and Caramel accompanied the passenger waiting for the bus arrival :D


So fun working with them! Die laughing when I saw them ran crazily on the street and purposely approached to the car and scare those drivers off! LOL!!!


This was my colleague Sin Mei :) We chatted like non-stop along the journey from one working location to another. This job would not be so fun without her! She's a travel lover and I wish I can be like her to visit every interesting destination in one day. If I am not mistaken, she's gonna travel to Korea next week!
Bon voyage and hope to see you again, Sin Mei :)



Did you notice that the Caramel actually o0o Red Bean in the photo? XD


And I could get free cartons of milk during the four working days. I brought a full ice box of milk home everyday!


Right after the Dutch Lady roadshow, I headed to Melaka for the Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc roadshow @Jusco Bandaraya. It was selling at the retail price of RM2099, inclusive of RM429 worth of free gifts. Perhaps some will find it's quite pricey and rather to buy iPhone instead. For me, I would say that this phone is definitely worth the price for its outstanding camera function and superior image quality. Most of the photos below were taken with SE Xperia Arc while I grabbed some of the DSLR photos from the company Facebook fans page. Just looking at 'em with your bare eyes, can you tell which photos were taken by Xperia Arc or DSLR? ;)






PROFESSIONAL promoter in the making! Nahhh I'm just kidding. I'm still 'half bucket of water' in promoting and communicating with people.


However, I find myself become more communicative after various job experiences that I have gone through. Communication skill is actually an important aspect for us to be competent in school and workplace, isn't it?


Look at the crowd during happy hour!


There were total eight of us who worked as the promoters in the roadshow :)


Say Hi to Hui Ru <3 Big thanks for Vincent and her for fetching me everyday! Without your help, I didn't know if I could still go work at the roadshow. (P.S. After 'someone' literally stood me up. Hmmmp!)


I still can't do a natural teeth showing smile right? Anyway I like this pic :)


From left: Wen Ya, me, Li Bao & An Qi. *A lil' sentimental time* I must say that I'M REALLY LUCKY ENOUGH TO KNOW THIS BUNCH OF GIRLS. I actually missing how we waited the break time impatiently and finally together went for it happily. I love it when we laughed at those silly jokes and thoughts from each other. I'm so glad that we could get along so well! It's really great to know you girls in this roadshow. Love y'all


I will always remember the time that we dine @Lao You Gui Gui for our dinner, like almost everyday?
HAHA
I thought the six working days would be the perfect time for me to slim down a bit because I would rather to skip my meal instead of eating alone. But with you girls, I was actually consuming so much fattening food like bubble tea, KFC and Shih Lin chicken chop! Don't forget our food hunt day!!! I want cheese steamboattttt!!!!


P.S. Sometimes it's really not all about the money. It can be so lucky to know awesome people that speak the same language with you while gaining a lot of experience together in life.



Ended the post with love. XOXO