Blog Archive

The Word That Begins With L

If compared to the past, I blog lesser about my relationship. I used to drone and on about my private relationship in my blog and bore all the readers to sleep. As time goes by, I started to make changes on my mind as well as the blog content. Once in a while is still acceptable, but who will want to read your never ending love story with your sweetheart, darling or whatever? Since you're not Justin Bieber & Selena Gomez / Ian Somerhalder & Nina Dobrev? C'mon, all your mushy talk or emo shit will only become the gossips over a cup of tea. And what's gonna knock my sock off is, those who always enjoy showing off their love in high-profile are tend to be more insecure with their partners and finally result in break up. The next day I will see them announce out loud in every way they can to tell the world that they're SINGLE or even immediately cling on their new sweetheart. After all, I guess they're just tryin' too hard for attention.

What I'm going to talk about in this post is:




There are a number of stages that most of the couples must go through to lead a successful relationship, from the initial honeymoon phase to the maturity phase and finally it comes to the total commitment phase. And our relationship is now in the reality phase before we can really shift to the stability stage.










As a typical Virgo girl, my perfectionism always seem to be too excessive for my partner. I can't help myself to concentrate on correcting every little bad habit of him, which mostly results in bitter arguments, most of the time have always been about trivial things. Surprisingly, most of the childish acts seem to be working in the reconciliation for our relationship. One of the most juvenile ideas is the fake break-up. Eventually we always manage to get back together and take one step closer to each other from the arguments. However, fake break-up is the risky business for the couples. It's the crucial factor for either a stronger relationship or a real break up.





Instead of spending the entire time with each other as in the initial stage, we need more freedom and space to spend a little quality time for our personal activities and interests. For HIM, he loves basketball more than anything. I hate it the most when he chooses to skip the dinner or movie time with me for his ball game at the court.


But I also love witnessing how he glows with the basketball and goes all out with his team members to win in every important tournament.


I still remember when I mentioned to him that our relationship is the longest record of my past and started expecting some sweet nothings from him, his response was like: Should I really feel proud of it? BUMMER. LOL! He should! My longest relationship in the past was about 9 months I think. Hmmmm of course, we are together longer than my longest relationship is just a bonus, but it's not about trying to beat a record. It's our relationship that matters, but not the record!


*Allow myself for the cheesy moment for once*
It has been one year now... Since we have become incredibly attached to each other. I can't describe how thankful I am for your companion through all the ups and downs since the day you belong with me.
I don't need a prince charming with luxurious carriage. I want a soul mate who will love me for life


Hope we don't end up like this :P
P.S. Kids are horrible little creatures, aren't they?
* picture credited to tumblr