Blog Archive

Truth Out

Few weeks later, I will be 19.

Not really proud to be one. I feel so old :(

Despite of the fact that I'm old, I have few deep thoughts about my life since my birthday is approaching. I have few things that must be done. I think a lot about them in my mind again and again.



1. Pay off my study loan with my own effort.

When I first received my foundation study loan last year, the first thing I think about, it was not how to spend them on clothes, gadgets and entertainment. The first thing which came to my mind is: How am i gonna to earn & pay for this money? Adding my degree study loan and interest can bring the total debt up to RM60k, thus whenever I am able to take up part time job, I will definitely do it. I don't wish to work like a dog in future or during economic downturns just to make the ends meet every month. That ain't cool if you are using your parents' money to get an iPhone or Louis Vuitton handbag, you're just rely on the fortunes of your parents! I don't ask money from my parents since I am 17, they only give financial support for my basic expenses. I have to pay for my extra expenses - wherever I want to go and whatever I wish to buy. However, I never trust any get-rich-quick schemes which is so popular and permeate my campus right now. Yes, I am still a student, I should be more concentrated on my homework. But I am fully confident that I could take both sides in my consideration well.




2. Be an organ donor.

I wish to be an organ & tissue donor upon my death (*touch wood!), I mean it will be someday very long long long long long later. I think that it will be such a waste not to donate my organs and tissues. If one's life ends, why don't it make the others' life goes on? Although I had this idea since last year and I had tried to express my wishes to my mum, yet she didn't take it seriously. I think I shall tell her in an earnest attitude one day in the future. Hopefully I can convince her & she will not override my decision.



3. To love, cherish and obey.

One day, my hunny boy asked me this random question, "你觉得现在的你幸福吗?" (Do you think that you're happy for now?) I really do feel happy & blessed for my life now. My parents dote me alot. My dad, who always the reticent and uncommunicative one, he insisted to give me extra allowance which I wouldn't need so much. He is just afraid that I might have no enough money, I know. His job is hard & risky, I know, though he has never breathed a word about it to us. My mum, who told me that the feeling of she should cherish those loved ones around her became so strong during the moment that she was going to be wheeled in the operating room. She was diagnosed that she had Sinusitis few months ago and she was undergone a surgery last week. Luckily she has been recovering well now. I should learn how to cherish my human connections - my relationships with family and friends. And my hunny, you would answer him the same way with me if you saw his expectant look and loving expression when he asked me the question. I paused for a few seconds, then I answered him, "Yes.", with a bright smile.




:)